Getting ready to sell your home or just looking for a fresh start? Appearance makes all the difference – when buyers come for a peek or when relatives visit. Knowing how to highlight a room’s strengths while downplaying its weaknesses is number one.
Here’s 5 secrets to get you started on creating a dream home even if you don’t plan on moving.
1. Pick a perfect paint color. A crisp shade of white, a hue that flatters every skin tone, or a bold shade like red will do the trick. Finish the ceilings with white or cream to make the room appear larger.
2. Make your bathroom look like a hotel. You’ll want a counter without the clutter except a few products wrapped in nice packaging. Add some rolled up white bath towels in a basket and a plant for a cleaner effect.
3. Add a bedroom seating area. If you have the space, put an upholstered chair and a side table in the corner. While the opposite may seem true, this will give an impression that the room has more space.
4. Style your coffee table. Start with something large and beautiful in the middle, such as a huge bowl (filled with a unique sea object) or a large painted pot with flowers. Build outwards – everything around your centerpiece should be smaller. Try stacking books together or arranging a few candles. Don’t forget to change it regularly.
5. Lengthen your ceiling. Illusion is the key word here. To make the ceiling or windows look taller, hang curtains as high up as possible!
These are just 5 tips out of the many you could use to redecorate your space. Find a few other secrets here »
Leslie Clarke Homes is a team of experienced professionals with over 20+ years of sales experience and excellent client communication skills. Call us today at 203.984.1856 or visit our website for more information.